- Handwashing facilities with soap and water in place.
- Stringent hand washing taking place.
- See handwashing guidance
- Drying of hands with disposable paper towels.
- Staff encouraged to protect the skin by applying emollient cream regularly
- Gel sanitisers in any area where washing facilities not readily available
- Frequently cleaning and disinfecting objects and surfaces that are touched regularly particularly in areas of high use such as door handles, light switches, till screens, fridge doors, telephone using appropriate cleaning products and methods.
- Reducing the number of persons in any work area to comply with the 2-meter (6.5 foot) gap recommended by the Public Health Agency
- Taking steps to review work schedules including start & finish times/shift patterns, working from home, etc. to reduce the number of workers on-site at any one time. Also relocating workers to other tasks.
- Redesigning processes to ensure social distancing.
- Conference calls to be used instead of face-to-face meetings.
- Ensuring sufficient rest breaks for staff.
Wearing of Gloves:
- Where Risk Assessment identifies wearing gloves as a requirement of the job, an adequate supply of these will be provided.
- Staff will be instructed on how to remove gloves carefully to reduce contamination and how to dispose of them safely.
Public Health guidance on the use of PPE (respiratory protective equipment) to protect against COVID-19 relates to health care settings. In all other settings, individuals are asked to observe social distancing measures and practice good hand hygiene behaviors
Where RPE is a requirement for risks associated with the work undertaken the following measures will be followed:
- Tight-fitting respirators (such as disposable FFP3 masks and reusable half masks) rely on having a good seal with the wearer’s face.
- A face fit test will be carried out to ensure the respiratory protective equipment (RPE) can protect the wearer.
- Wearers must be clean-shaven.
- Procedures in place for drivers to ensure adequate welfare facilities available during their work
- Management will promote mental health & wellbeing awareness to staff during the Coronavirus outbreak and will offer whatever support they can to help